Data Protection Officer: Ed Lawrence
- Business Film Both Ltd 16 Fourdrinier Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, HP3 9RP
and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it. It explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What information is being collected?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data (see Section 3 (4), below).
2. How we use your information
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies.
(2) Identify your interests. We might then put your information in aggregated form into groupings (known as “segments”) by a particular audience, which means we can serve you advertisements and offers that will interest you within the website, including by reference to data we receive from third parties.
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
4) Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message. We will always act having regard to your preferences.
5) We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
3. How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology on a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you buy a membership, sign up to create a Booth Cub profile, download a PDF or support document or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
(3) through your device (e.g. mobile, PC or tablet) where you have enabled location services for the applicable App or browser. This may be used for location targeted services or advertising in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted either on your device or via server or website preferences.
(5) through social sign-on. We offer a quick registration option using your existing social media accounts via an App or the website. When you use social sign-on, we will gather the information you have already used in the process of registering for that social media site (in accordance with your preferences provided to that site and/or to us at the point that you use our social sign-on) and your social media account will be linked to your Business Film Booth account, including in our providing social media messaging to you
(6) When you subscribe to Booth Club or Membership, we may also use a card updater service to automatically update your credit or debit card. This service is facilitated by your credit or debit card issuer, whom you should contact for further information
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post and sms text.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about our wider range of goods and services (including those provided by our partners under the range of Business Film Booth-branded offers, products and services listed below this policy).
4.3 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use (e.g. Membership). In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
4.4 We might also offer you the opportunity to hear from specific companies and organisations that we might work in association with. We will always name those companies and organisations and provide you with the opportunity to hear from them by means of an opt-in tick box.
4.5 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it
4.6 If you have signed up to receive marketing from us by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last message you received.
4.7 When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, by emailing email@example.com.
5.2 You can de-link your social media account from your Business Film Booth account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. De-linking your account will not change your marketing preferences unless you specifically request it.
5.3 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to email@example.com You will have to provide proof of identification.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to serve advertisements that might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to Business Film Booth.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.2 We also use third party cookies. These are cookies that may be read by third parties (for example if you have used social sign-on and have the option to like or comment using your social media account).
Alternatively, visit www.youronlinechoices.com or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
7.3 If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. Here is a link to the third party advertising platform we use, which has instructions on how to do this:
8. Ad Blockers
8.2 By detecting ad blockers, we do not store any information on your device and we do not process any of your personal data.
8.3 We may display a message to advise you that we have detected that you are using and ad blocker
8.4 We reserve the right to restrict your access to some or all of our website while you have an ad blocker turned on.
9. Disclosing your information
9.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
9.2 We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf
9.3 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
10. Where we store your personal information
10.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
11. Changes to this Policy
11.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
12. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
12.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- HR Form Templates
v.3.0 May 2018 Edited & customised by: ### BUSINESS FILM BOOTH ###